I'm a Big Kid now

I remember when I was younger, all I wanted was to be older. Now all I want is to be younger again. Life is moving very quickly and it's freaking me out like none other. I don't want to be thinking about things like taxes, housing contracts and all that adult stuff. Heck it still freaks me out that I have a debit card. But Thursday was a day where I could forget all of that and go back to being a little kid. Where else to do this other than the Baby Animal Fair?

We abandoned all responsibilities for a few hours so that we could squeal and coo over adorable, fuzzy baby animals at the American Heritage Center. We were especially excited to see the baby bears that were brought down from the Yellowstone National Park. Although we couldn't hold them, we still died over the little fluff balls they were. The next few hours were spent holding baby ducks, petting baby goats, and riding around on the miniature train.

When we got home, I then proceeded to eat my animals crackers and my dinosaur oatmeal. That's one perk of being an adult, I can buy any kind of oatmeal that I want. It's the oatmeal that I grew up on and me and my roommate peered over the edge as the little dinosaurs popped out of their eggs.

Don't get me wrong, I love being an adult and all the liberty that comes with it. But sometimes it's nice to be a little kid again and enjoy the little things in life. Plus it's even better when I get to do it with my best friends :)




 

Comments

Popular Posts