1 Year Down and Eternity to Go


We just celebrated our first anniversary last week and I still can’t believe that it has been an entire year already! I swear it was just yesterday that we were coming out of the Salt Lake City Temple doors newlyweds! That whole day was so sureal, but it’s one of my favorite days ever and I wish I could relive it over and over. It was a day that was all about just us and it was so incredibly special. Plus, I would love to fly away to Newport Beach for a week like we did for our honeymoon and get away from all this cold and snow!  

Our first year was one of my favorites and honestly one of the hardest I’ve ever had. We came home from our honeymoon and moved into our very own brad new townhouse. I don’t think that many newly weds can say that they were able to buy a house when they first got married. We were incredibly lucky and blessed to find our house when we did and it has been amazing making it our own. Brad and I definitely bumped heads on how to decorate, but it turned out perfectly and reflects who we are. 

We got the cutest little Corgi named Gus and he has been a fluffy little spotlight in our lives. Our house was a lot cleaner before he came, but his cuteness and spunk makes up for it. He completes our family and makes us smile every day, even when we are covered in hair from head to toe. #corgiproblems.  Not to mention he has the cutest little bromance with Brad. Gus always waits by the door every day for Brad to get home from work and can’t stop wiggling until Brad pets him. We love our Gus bear and hope we get to have him around for a long time. Plus, we might be adding another corgi to the family this year, so cross your fingers! 

But as I mentioned before, it was one of the hardest years that I’ve had. Don’t get me wrong, the good outweigh the bad by a landslide. But trying to blend two different lives is not always easy and we had our fair share of disagreements and hurt feelings. We are both pretty stubborn and each have our preferences on how things should be done. Especially when it came to sharing a bed lol. Getting used to sleeping next to another person was waaaaaaay harder than I anticipated and we are still fighting over space and the covers ha. But one of the biggest challenges was finding a balance and compromising, which neither of us wanted to do sometimes. What I’ve learned is basically this, marriage takes work. But it is something worth working on and being dedicated to. I love Brad more than anything else in this world, he is the only person that I want to spend Eternity with. Does that mean that I don’t get frustrated with him though? not at all. Brad bugs the freaking crap out of me sometimes ha. That’s what happens when you spend every single day with someone. He knows me better than anyone else on this earth and he knows exactly how to push my buttons. I’m sure he feels the same way about me sometimes too. But I still love him and I am still learning patience and understanding. Marriage is this constant evolving relationship, because people are constantly changing too right? 

I’m sure Brad and I still have a lot of learning left to do, especially when it comes to meal planning lol,  but this year has been amazing because we have grown SO MUCH and it has increased my love exponentially for him. Here is to year two and I can't wait to see the adventures that we are going to have! 

Brad surprised me with dinner at The Roof and it was amazingggggg



Comments

Popular Posts