Senior Year......Again.....

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I swear summer never happened! I mean, all we did was work and watch netflix, but still ha. One day we will actually have an adventurous summer and have the time to go and have fun. But the semester is finally here and the struggle has begun. I've been thinking a lot about freshman year and how so much has changed in the 3 years since I have started at Utah State.  The butterflies and the anxiety is still there and probably always will be, but this semester has a whole new level of anxiety. This semester I have to: 1. apply for student teaching, 2. finish my minor, 3. handle a busy class schedule, 4. Take the praxis (which is a 4 hour test). Plus I started a new job and decided to sign up for another half marathon, so that only makes things better.

It's crazy to think that I'm almost done with college and honestly that makes me sad. There are so many amazing memories, people, and experiences woven through my time at USU and there is this sense of being so "care free" and not having to be apart of the real world, I guess. It's okay to make mistakes and to be indecisive, because everyone else around you is in the same boat. But once you graduate and get a "big kid" job, life gets real ha. As a kid in high school, all you can think about is college and even in college you don't think that its ever going to end. But now it's so close to the end, it's really starting to set in. Especially since I'm becoming a teacher and attempting to teach the next generation, I'm feeling the pressure for sure. But if life and Heavenly Father have taught me anything, it's that things will always work out as they should and I just need to take things step-by-step. I'm the type of person who gets so caught up in the moment and freaking out about what's happening right then. So hopefully as I prepare to leave college and enter the real world, I can keep that in mind and enjoy life as it happens. So cheers to the last two semesters of college and fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher. You think after being so sick of school, I would want to get away from it ha. Oh well, it's too late to change my major now lol.

Comments

Popular Posts